Important Updates to Middlesex College COVID-19 Protocols
Posted On July 14, 2021 at 6:46 pm
From: Mark McCormick, President
Subject: Important Updates to Middlesex College COVID-19 Protocols
Date: July 14, 2021
As many of us in our College community continue to become fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and in light of the recent easing of many of the Governor’s earlier Executive Orders, I am writing to you to provide an update on the College’s COVID-19 protocols. Many thanks to the members of the Return to Campus Task Force, chaired by Don Drost and comprised of faculty and staff from across the College, for updating their recommendations after reviewing updated state and federal guidance. As we move forward, we will continue to follow the guidance from the NJ Office of the Secretary of Higher Education, the NJ Department of Health, Middlesex County, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Starting Monday, July 19, 2021, in accordance with Governor Murphy’s Executive Orders 242/243 and based on CDC guidance, the following modified COVID-19 protocols will be in effect for all Middlesex College locations, buildings, and facilities.
- All employees, students and visitors must continue to wear masks indoors, regardless of vaccination status. This position on indoor masking will be reassessed leading into the beginning of the new academic year, and any adjustments communicated in advance of August 30.
- The wearing of masks outdoors is no longer required. However, unvaccinated individuals are encouraged to wear a mask outdoors while in a group setting.
- The six-foot social distancing requirement is eliminated in all areas, including classrooms, common areas, and offices. Unvaccinated individuals are encouraged, where feasible, to continue maintaining a safe distance from others.
- All daily online symptom questionnaires will be discontinued. If you experience fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other symptom consistent with COVID-19, stay home. Employees should contact their supervisor for guidance.
- On-campus meetings and gatherings can now resume without any capacity restrictions. Note that many meetings may continue on Zoom.
- Middlesex College will continue to comply with all State and CDC guidance related to quarantines. Note that employees can no longer apply accrued sick days to cover an absence from work due to quarantine.
I again want to urge anyone who has not yet received the COVID-19 vaccine to consider doing so. The Middlesex County website contains information on the COVID-19 vaccine.
As we approach the beginning of the new academic year, any changes to these protocols will be communicated in advance. Thanks for your dedication to our mission and our students throughout this pandemic. I look forward to beginning the Fall semester with a renewed enthusiasm as we begin our “new normal” together.